"There are always two people in every picture the photographer and the viewer."

~ Ansel Adams

slideshow image

Blog Archive

A new light

     I have photographed Carbon Canyon countless times.  I essentially know every nook and cranny of the park.  However, on this Saturday morning it all looked different.  Not because a fire happened or things bloomed, but because of the fog.  I wasn’t feeling motivated to take pictures because it just looked bland.  Then I said to myself, “maybe this will give me a new perspective on something I already know.”  It turns out I was right.  I saw trees hidden in mist, webs covered in dew and trails leading to nowhere.  The results were 1000x what I expected and made me think about habits. 

     How often do you take a different route to work?  How often do you eat breakfast for dinner?  How often do you take the stairs?  Habits are so pervasive in our lives and sometimes it takes a forced perspective to open you up to new feelings and opportunities.  Maybe there is an accident on the freeway and you are forced to take the streets to work.  You probably don’t do that very often, but you find it exhilarating because you aren’t 100% sure of where you’re going.  The adrenaline starts to pump, maybe you stop at a gas station to ask for directions or you roll your window down at a stoplight to ask the car next to you.  When you make it to work you realize you have yet to take a sip of your coffee.  Then you realize you felt just a little bit more alive that morning. 

 

CarbonCanyonFog-97

CarbonCanyonFog-36

CarbonCanyonFog-15

CarbonCanyonFog-38

CarbonCanyonFog-20

CarbonCanyonFog-9

CarbonCanyonFog-28

CarbonCanyonFog-31

CarbonCanyonFog-42

CarbonCanyonFog-39

CarbonCanyonFog-44

CarbonCanyonFog-59

CarbonCanyonFog-78

CarbonCanyonFog-85

CarbonCanyonFog-87

CarbonCanyonFog-89

CarbonCanyonFog-90

CarbonCanyonFog-92

CarbonCanyonFog-100

CarbonCanyonFog-101

CarbonCanyonFog-108

CarbonCanyonFog-109

CarbonCanyonFog-112

CarbonCanyonFog-115

CarbonCanyonFog-116

0 comments:

Post a Comment