"There are always two people in every picture the photographer and the viewer."

~ Ansel Adams

slideshow image

Blog Archive

About Me

My name is Andrew Helwich and I have been enthralled with photography for as long as I can remember. My life has led me in many directions: from playing college baseball to trying to get my PhD, but photography has never wavered. The joy it gives me cannot be matched and it is for that reason I have decided to give it my full attention.

My photographic philosophy is that there is no such thing as a mundane moment. If you can't make a fly on a wall look interesting then you are not a photographer. I take a photojournalistic approach to shooting people because I feel that posed pictures can limit your personality. Do not get me wrong, I still take posed photos, but your favorite picture will probably be the one you never knew I took.

0 comments:

Post a Comment