"There are always two people in every picture the photographer and the viewer."

~ Ansel Adams

slideshow image

Blog Archive

Orange Circle Engagement

Awhile back, one of my wife’s friends bought me a vintage Kodak Duaflex IV medium format camera at a garage sale.  Sadly the 620 format film isn’t in production anymore and you have to jerry rig 120 onto it to make it work.  I haven’t experimented with the 120 yet, but I always keep it in an open space for when the day comes.  However, when I was asked to do a vintage style engagement shoot at the Orange Circle my brain instantly turned to the Kodak.  It’s an old camera, vintage feel, why not use it as a prop?  So I did and I am pretty sure the couple loved it.  I think it beats the hell out of the lame balloon or cheesy chair in the middle of nowhere type engagement pictures.  Love, like camera’s, never goes out of style. 

EngagementPictures-Color-178  EngagementPictures-Color-174
EngagementPictures-Color-188
EngagementPictures-Color-154
EngagementPictures-Color-149
EngagementPictures-Color-7
EngagementPictures-Color-48
EngagementPictures-Color-42
Engagement B&W-37
Engagement B&W-28
EngagementPictures-Color-57
EngagementPictures-Color-74
EngagementPictures-Color-77
Engagement B&W-93
Engagement B&W-97
EngagementPictures-Color-117
EngagementPictures-Color-126
Engagement B&W-104
EngagementPictures-Color-155

2 comments:

Jen said...

Chucks never go out of style, either ;)

Allison said...

Okay, these are super adorable! Somehow I missed this post when you first put it up. I love the vintage look of these!

Post a Comment